Sunday, January 04, 2009

Blogger can not publish a site

I can not publish my blogs any more. This only happens for one of my four blogs. The others works well. The problem started around Christmas time, but I can not give the exact date.

The error message is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Blogger publishing error

I have read about many others with the same problem. The problem appeared at the same time. Unfortunately I have yet to find a solution for this problem.

I started by looking into my own server to see if I could find an error there. I could not.

I switched from sftp to ftp publishing to see if that helped. No luck.

I then changed from a hostname to IP address to see if that helped. It did not.

I do not see any kind of traffic through my firewall when I try to publish anything.

I then decided to try publish to another IP address, on another ISP. When I did so I could se traffic. When I did so I got the IP source 72.14.206.132 which belongs to Google.

This made me believe we have a routing issue on the Internet. But I checked that as well and it seems to be right. I can at least do a ping back to the originating IP.

It seems like blogger works from multiple sites. I have found in my logs that some of my blogs are published from a site in Canada - but I have this problem when publishing from Google i California.

I hope they find a solution really soon.

Some sources:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home